Office Contact Information
OFFICE OPERATIONS DUE TO THE COVID-19: THE OFFICE IS OPEN FOR WALK-IN TRAFFIC. WE ENCOURAGE PRE-SCHEDULED APPOINTMENTS. FOR THE SAFETY OF OUR STAFF YOU WILL BE ASKED TO WEAR A MASK WHEN ENTERING THE OFFICE. IF YOU NEED TO SPEAK TO STAFF, PLEASE TELEPHONE THE OFFICE.
- Phone: (321) 724-8877
- Fax: (321) 724-8838
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Fire Plan Members contact Katie Taglia-Polak, Office Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Police Plan Members contact Patricia Lindsay, Pension Specialist: email@example.com
- Records Management Liaison Officer, Samantha Bertolini: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you cannot reach anyone at the office, contact Kathy Adams, Board Administrator, at (321) 536-6912 or at the Admin email address above.
FOR FACTS ABOUT THE PENSION FUND'S PERFORMANCE, AUDIT, BUDGET, ACTUARIAL VALUATION REPORTS, ETC. CHECK OUT THE ADMINISTRATION PAGE UNDER "FUND FACTS."
Part-time Pension Employees
The Board of Trustees has three Part-time Employees, Katie Taglia-Polak, Office Manager, Patricia Lindsay, Pension Specialist, and Samantha Bertolini, Records Management Liaison Officer. Katie's office hours are Tuesday-Friday, 8:00 AM-4:30 PM. Patricia's office hours are Monday-Thursday, 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM. Samantha's hours vary.
The Board is appointed/elected every two years as outlined and required by State Law FSS 175 Fire and FSS 185 Police and Palm Bay City Ordinance Chapter 55. The Board member may run for reelection for an unlimited term of office or until newly elected or appointed officer(s) replace them (See exception for City Councilmembers within the City’s Ordinance). All Board Members have a fiduciary responsibility to the Fund and its membership and can be held liable for any actions they take in conflict with that responsibility. All Board members must file an annual financial disclosure report with the State of Florida and that report is a public record.
The Board has full authority and responsibility to manage the Pension Plan and its funds as outlined in the above State Laws and City Ordinance. The Board retains professional management and advisors and all retained professionals have a fiduciary responsibility to the fund, its membership, and their Plan assets.
On a contractual basis the board retains these services.
- Board Administrator: Kathy Adams
- Attorney: Klausner, Kaufman, Jensen & Levinson
- Actuary: Brad Heinrichs, Foster & Foster, Inc.
- Auditor: Mauldin & Jenkins, CPA
- Accountant: Lark Janes, CPA
- Performance Manager: Larry Cole, Burgess Chambers & Associates
- INVESTMENT CONSULTANTS:
- Blake Myton, SunTrust Institutional Investment Solutions
- Real Estate: J.P. Morgan Asset Management
- EuroPacific: The American Funds
- Eagle Asset
- Polen Capital
- Advent Capital
- Frontier Capital
- SEI/Cohen and Steers
- Custodial Services: Salem Trust and US Bank
- Pension Software and Website Services: Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc.
- Computer Experts (IT Support): Computer Experts
The Plan also has other service providers that produce information or research at no cost to the plan.
OFFICE HOURS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES, SO PLEASE CALL THE OFFICE AHEAD OF ARRIVAL IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A PREARRANGED APPOINTMENT!
2021 Holiday Office Closings
|New Year's Day
||Friday, January 1st
|Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday
||Monday, January 18th
||Monday, February 15th
||Monday, May 31st
||Friday, July 5th
||Monday September 6th
||Thursday, November 11th
||Thursday, November 25th
|Day After Thanksgiving
||Friday, November 26th
||Friday, December 24th